The Seagate hard drive offers a huge storage capacity for storing media files and games. When you connect the Seagate hard drive to your Xbox One console, sometimes, it will not work. This issue will occur due to improper connectivity, outdated Xbox One console, or inappropriate power settings on the console. Follow the below instructions to solve seagate hard drive xbox one not working issue.
Check The Connection
- First, check if there is any damage to your Seagate hard drive.
- Verify that your hard drive is compatible with your Xbox One console.
- If you have connected the hard drive to the console via the USB port, check whether it is properly connected.
- If it does not work, try to connect the hard drive to a different USB port on your Xbox One console.
- If the issue isn’t solved, disconnect the hard drive from the console.
- Now, connect it to your computer and check whether it is working and is ready to use.
- If the issue continues, follow the next instructions.
Restart Your Xbox One Console
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for at least ten seconds to turn it off and disconnect its power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Now, unplug the Seagate hard drive from the console and wait for some time.
- Again, connect the power cord to your console and turn it on.
- Connect the hard drive to the console and check whether it is working.
- If it doesn’t work, perform the following instructions to update your console.
Update Your Xbox One Console
- On your console, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select the System tab.
- Next, choose Settings in the left menu panel of the screen.
- Here, pick the System category at the left menu panel.
- Select the Update option from the list.
- If you see any update is available, install it.
- Once you have completed the update, go back to the Settings window.
- Select the System category at the left menu panel and choose the Storage option from the list.
- Now, check whether the Seagate hard drive is working on your console.
- If the issue continues, perform the below steps.
Adjust The Power Settings On Xbox One
- Press the Xbox button on your console to open the guide.
- Choose the System tab.
- Select the Settings section at the left menu panel on the screen.
- Here, pick the Power & startup category at the left menu panel.
- Choose the Power mode & startup option.
- Here, ensure that the Power mode is set to Instant-on.
- Next, deselect the “When Xbox is off, turn off storage” checkbox at the right menu panel on the screen.
- Restart your console and check whether the issue is solved.
- If the problem persists, follow the below steps.
Reset The Xbox One Console
- On your console, press the Xbox button to launch the guide.
- Choose Settings from the home screen.
- Select the All settings option from the list.
- Here, choose the System category at the left menu panel on the screen.
- Pick the Console Info & updates option from the list.
- Select the Reset console option.
- When you see a prompts window, choose the Reset and keep my games & apps option.
- Now, check if the external hard drive is detected on your console.
You can fix the “Seagate hard drive not working on Xbox One console” issue by following the above instructions.
For further clarifications, use the call option on this page to reach us.