If you keep getting QuickBooks 2017 update issues, then the below section will help you in solving this issue.
Before performing the advanced methods, try some of the common techniques instructed below.
- When you receive the QuickBooks 2017 update failed error for the first time, check your computer’s internet connection status.
- If it shows offline or not connected, connect your computer to a stable network and then try to perform the QuickBooks 2017 update process.
- After that, check your computer’s date and time.
- If it does not match with your current location or place of residence, reconfigure the date and time settings by following the instructions given below.
- Locate and right-click on the clock icon located on your desktop screen or on the taskbar.
- Select the Adjust Date/Time option followed by Change date and time.
- Set the date and time correctly.
- Click the OK button followed by OK.
- Now, close and relaunch the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Click the Update button.
- If the update process is done successfully, then the Quickbooks 2017 update failed issue is solved.
- If the update failed issue persists, then perform these troubleshooting instructions instructed below.
- If you receive the error 1606 along with the update failed message, then it might be due to your Windows user account damage, or the update installer might be experiencing an internal error, or the installer might be unable to access network location.
If the issue doesn’t resolve, refer to the advanced solutions discussed below.
Solution 1: Try updating QuickBooks using the Administrator user account
- Close all existing applications and restart your computer.
- After the restart, sign in to your computer with administrative rights.
- Now, try to install the update of the QuickBooks 2017 application.
Solution 2: Use a new administrator account
- If the first solution fails to solve the issue, try this second method.
- Create a new Administrator user account on your Windows computer.
- Sign in to your computer with new administrator rights.
- Perform the Quickbooks 2017 application update process.
- If the Quickbooks 2017 update issue persists on your Windows computer, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks application’s official site.
- After the download, open the downloaded diagnostic tool file and install it on your computer.
- Perform the prompts as displayed on the screen to solve the issue.
- When prompted, restart your computer.
- After that, check if the QuickBooks 2017 update is done.
- You can click Call to contact us for remote assistance if you want any difficulties to resolve QuickBooks 2017 update issues.