One of the methods to save your favorite web page as a PDF file is by printing the page to PDF. Almost all web browsers support this facility. Let us now see how to print PDF from Safari, the built-in browser for Mac devices.
- Step 1: First, open Safari on your Mac. Then, navigate to the web page that you wish to print.
- Step 2: Click the File menu and then select the Print option. The Print window will now pop up.
- Step 3: In the lower-left section of the Print window, you will find the PDF option with a drop-down arrow. Click on this arrow.
- Step 4: From the displayed options, choose Save as PDF.
- Step 5: In the new window that appears next, type a title for your PDF. Next, select a location on your Mac computer to save it.
- Step 6: Finally, click on the Save button. Your website will now be printed in PDF format.
Print A Page To PDF
When you print a web page to PDF, all the advertisements, headers, and footers will also get printed. If you do not want these unnecessary elements on your printout, you can make use of the unique option that Safari provides. The Reader mode in Safari will remove all these unwanted elements in the background and offer a cleaner appearance when you print a page to PDF. So, this mode makes web pages easier to read and also more convenient to save.
Print A PDF from Safari Using Reader Mode
- Step 1: On Safari, navigate to the web page you want to print.
- Step 2: Next, go to the View menu and then select the Show Reader option.
- Step 3: NOTE: If you find that the Show Reader option is in gray, it means that the option is unavailable for the current web page. In case you wish to activate Reader mode in the earlier Safari versions, you need to click on the icon with three lines located next to your URL.
- Step 4: If the Show Reader option works for the current page, you will see a cleaner web page displayed on your screen.
- Step 5: Now, you can go ahead and print this web page as a PDF.
- Step 6: You will now get a printout that does not contain the ads, headers, footers, and other such unnecessary stuff. You have now seen the steps on how to print PDF from safari browser.