A factory reset will erase all the stored data and installed applications from your device. continue reading to know how to factory reset an android phone.
While performing the factory reset, you should select the option Erase SIM Card Memory to format your SIM card along with the device storage memory, to delete all the stored data. Unless you choose this option, your SIM card will not be formatted.
Shortcut to factory reset your Android phone
- Hold the power and volume up buttons of the Android phone simultaneously. This will take you to the Android system recovery menu settings.
- Select the wipe data or the factory reset data option to activate it.
- Further, select YES and Erase all data with the help of the volume keys. Finally, tap on the power button to accept the reset settings.
Factory reset your Android device using Settings
Before starting the factory reset, make sure your device has a sufficient amount of charge.
- Open the Settings application.
- Select System and click Advanced.
- Select Reset → Erase all data (factory reset) → Erase all data, and enter the device PIN if prompted.
- Select Erase all data to confirm the factory reset an android phone. Now the Android phone will be reset to the factory default settings.
Once the formatting process gets completed, the device will restart automatically. Now, make the required settings on your phone.
Factory reset using the recovery mode
- First and foremost, ensure that your device is turned OFF. Then you have to press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- A screen with the message Start appears towards the power button followed by the respective text and the navigation instructions.
- Make use of the power button to opt-in for the respective selections, while the volume down key will facilitate in navigating between the options.
- Hit the volume down button until the recovery mode appears and then press the power button to select it.
- The phone will restart.
- Press the power and volume up buttons together and hold them.
- Locate and highlight the wipe data or factory reset option.
- Make use of the power button to confirm the selection.
- Confirm your selection by selecting YES.
- Upon completion, select the option Reboot system now to finish the reset process.
For further technical assistance to know how to factory reset an android phone, kindly contact our technical support.