Windows 10 has an inbuilt antivirus program, i.e., Windows Defender. To know how to disable antivirus on Windows 10 computer, refer to any one of the methods given on our web page.
- Step 1:On the main screen of the Windows 10 computer, navigate to the Start menu and click the gear-shaped icon on the left panel.
- Step 2:When the Settings window opens, select the Update & Security option.
- Step 3:As soon as a new window appears on the screen, click the Windows Security tab on the left panel.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Protection Areas section and select the Virus & Threat Protection option.
- Step 5:Click the Virus & threat protection settings link, go to the Real-time protection section, and turn off the toggle switch next to the On option.
- Step 6:If you see any prompt message dialog box on the screen, click the Yes option for the confirmation.
- Step 7:This will disable the Windows Defender program’s Real-time protection feature.
- Step 8:This method will disable the Windows Defender program only temporarily.
- Step 9:Once you restart the Windows 10 computer, the Windows Defender program will be enabled automatically.
This method will help you to know how to disable antivirus on Windows 10 computer permanently. If you want to use the Windows Defender again, you have to enable it manually.
- Step 1: Go to the Windows search bar, type ‘regedit’ without the single quotes, and press the Enter key.
- Step 2: Select the regedit option from the search result.
- Step 3: This will launch the Registry Editor window on the screen.
- Step 4: Navigate to the ‘Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies|Microsoft\Windows Defender’ location.
- Step 5: Right-click the Windows Defender folder and choose the New option followed by the DWORD (32-bit) value option.
- Step 6: Select and double-click the DisableAntiSpyware option.
- Step 7: When a new dialog window opens, type 1 in the Value Data field and click the OK option.
- Step 8: Navigate to the Windows search bar, click the Power icon, and select the Restart option.
- Step 9: After restarting the Windows 10 computer, the Windows Defender program will be disabled.
- Step 10: If you want to disable the third-party antivirus program installed on the Windows 10 computer, proceed with the following steps.
- Step 11: Go to the Windows notification area, search for the third-party antivirus program icon, and right-click it.
- Step 12: Select any one of the similar options that are listed below.
- Step 13: Disable
- Step 14: Stop
- Step 15: Shut down
- Step 16: we hope the inforamtion will be helpful to know how to disable antivirus on Windows 10 computer.