Sometimes, the volume may be too low, and you may hear nothing. This is a common issue for Windows users. The reason behind the problem may vary. To fix this no sound on computer, follow the quick steps given on this page. Before starting, check whether you have maximized the volume on your computer. Also, have a quick check on your audio settings.
Solution 1: Update Your Sound Driver
- You can either update the sound driver manually or automatically on your Windows computer.
- To manually update your driver, visit the official manufacturer site on your default browser.
- Locate the correct driver that is compatible with your Windows operating system.
- Download and install it on your computer.
- To automatically update the sound driver, click the Start menu and type 'device manager' in the search panel.
- From the search result, select Device Manager.
- Navigate to the Device Manager window's left-side panel and expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Give a right-click on your sound card and select the Properties option.
- Move to the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
- In the pop-up window, select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Carry out the on-screen prompts and install the driver.
- Once updated, restart your Windows computer and check if the no sound on computer problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Run The Audio Troubleshooter
- On your Windows computer, open the Quick Access menu by pressing the Windows + X shortcut keys.
- Click the System button from the pop-up menu.
- In the Settings window, click the Sound tab from the left-side panel.
- Under Device properties, click the Troubleshoot button to run the audio troubleshooter.
- Select the Speakers option and click Next.
- Choose the Yes, open audio enhancements option and finish the process with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- This will fix the audio issue on your computer.
Solution 3: Disable Audio Enhancements
- On your Windows computer, give a right-click on the Start menu and select the System option.
- In the Settings window, select the Sound tab from the left-side panel.
- Under Related Settings, click on Sound Control Panel.
- In the Sound window, click the Playback tab and select your audio device.
- Click on the Properties button and move to the Enhancements tab.
- Select the Disable all sound effects checkbox and click the OK button.
- Check if the no sound on computer has been fixed.