Are you receiving the “not enough disk quota is available” message in eM Client? If yes, don’t worry. We have researched it and found two simple solutions to overcome it. Go ahead and read this page completely to know more about the em client not enough disk quota.
Em Client “overquota”
This error message might define one of the following two things.
- Your email account (that you’ve configured on the eM Client app) doesn’t have enough free space to receive new messages.
- Your account’s server can’t accept the uploading of one specific email message.
Workable Solutions To Fix “em Client Not Enough Disk Quota”
Two workarounds that you can try to resolve this eM Client app problem are listed below.
- Managing space on your account
- Archiving some emails on your account and in the eM Client app
Perform the above solutions one by one. After performing one method, check if you’re getting the “Overquota” message in eM Client by sending a test mail to your own account. If yes, try the next method.
Managing Space On Your Account
You can manage your account space by adding extra space to it and deleting some old or unwanted emails from it. Both the methods are pretty easy to perform.
If you’re using Gmail, you can buy more storage with Google One. Follow the instructions to know more about the same.
Buying Storage With Google One
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Open the Google One page.
- Locate and click on the Upgrade option.
- Choose the new storage limit of your desire.
- Complete the payment process to purchase the selected storage limit.
- Now, click on the Subscribe button.
- Once it is done, the new storage will be added to your account.
Deleting Emails In Em Client
- Choose the emails you want to delete using the Shift and Up or Down Arrow buttons.
- After doing that, click on the Delete button to remove all the selected emails from the list.
Archiving Emails In The Client App/on An Account
Archiving emails will also help you increase your account's storage space. To do the same, carry out the instructions given here:
- Choose Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving.
- Now, go to the Account Preferences section.
- Set the Archiving Scope settings in the eM Client app to archive your emails automatically.
- To archive emails in Gmail, sign in to your account via a web browser.
- Locate and click on the message you want to archive.
- Now, click the Archive option or button in the menu list.
- Similarly, archive all the emails in the Gmail account.
Are you still receiving the em client not enough disk quota message? Then, reach our technical expert team now. They will help you get rid of the issue within a few minutes. For this purpose, you can make use of the call option on this page.