Are you receiving the "unable to connect to server" message in eM Client? Is the eM Client app not connecting to the server? If yes, read this page completely to know all the possible workarounds to resolve it.
Resolving "em Client Not Connecting To Server"
eM Client is a popular email client that’s used by millions of people worldwide to send/receive emails. Even if it is simple and easy to use, users face many problems with this email client frequently. "eM Client not connecting to server" is one among them.
Technically, the exact reason or cause of this problem is unknown. However, some experts say that any one of the following causes could be the reason behind this eM Client problem.
- Wrong port settings
- Antivirus or VPN
- Outdated app
- Misconfigured account settings
- Corrupted installer file
Now, let's see how to resolve the "eM Client not connecting to server" problem by keeping in mind the causes above.
Disable The Antivirus Or Vpn Software
- Both Antivirus and VPN are useful in many ways. However, these applications could also lead to these kinds of email problems in some cases.
- So, if you have enabled any antivirus or VPN software or settings on your computer, disable them temporarily.
- After doing that, open the eM Client app and check if you're able to send or receive emails.
- If not, try the solution below.
Configure The Port Settings Correctly
- Check whether your email account's incoming and outgoing port settings are configured correctly in the eM Client app.
- Wrong port settings can also lead to these kinds of issues.
- Change the port settings if necessary.
Update The Em Client App
- If an app is outdated, it might misbehave. This condition also applies to eM Client.
- Check whether the eM client app is up-to-date.
- If not, update it and then check whether it is connecting to the server.
- Try the next solution if the eM Client app is not connecting to the server again.
Configure The Account Settings Correctly
- Settings of some accounts like Gmail must be configured correctly to access it with the third-party email clients without an error.
- Recheck the account settings in the client app. Modify them if necessary.
- If you're using a Gmail account, check whether the client app meets its security standards.
- Typically, to use Gmail in a third-party client, you have to enable the Less secure apps option on it.
- You might also need to use an app-specific password if you've enabled 2-step verification on your Gmail account.
Reinstall The Em Client App
If the installation file of the eM Client app is corrupted, it may misbehave. So, reinstall the app on your computer to resolve this problem.
Are you still facing the “eM Client not connecting to the server” problem? Contact us now by making use of the call option on this page.