Does eM Client keep asking for your Gmail account password, and you’re tired of entering it again and again? If yes, you’re not alone. This problem is faced by many Gmail account users who configured their accounts with eM Client.
However, there are some troubleshooting methods that you can try to resolve this problem.
Resolving “em Client Keeps Asking For Gmail Password”
Users face this problem in two different scenarios.
- After upgrading the eM Client app
- Configuring the Gmail account on the eM Client app
Now, try these simple and quick troubleshooting solutions to resolve this problem.
- Have you rebooted your computer after upgrading the eM Client app? No? Reboot the computer. After doing that, open the eM Client app, and try to access the Gmail account.
- Type your account’s password in the given field if prompted.
- If eM Client keeps asking for a Gmail password, access your account over a web browser to check whether it is working properly.
- To do so, go to the Gmail account Sign-in page from your computer’s browser.
- Type your account’s credentials in the given fields.
- Click the Sign In button.
- If you’re able to sign in, there is no problem with the account. In this case, click the Cancel button whenever prompted to enter the password in eM Client.
- Otherwise, resolve your account issue to get out of this problem.
If eM Client keeps asking for a Gmail password even after performing the solution above, try the advanced method given below.
Close The Password Required Dialog Box Permanently
If eM Client keeps asking you for your Gmail password after configuring the account, it means the account settings are misconfigured, or the entered password is wrong. In this case, remove and re-add your Gmail account in eM Client to resolve the problem. But, before that, try to force a Google re-authentication, if possible.
After doing that, you need to check if the problem is resolved. If not, reconfigure your account.
Re-adding The Gmail Account
Remove the existing Gmail account and re-add it with the correct server and port settings.
Removing The Account
- Open the eM Client app if it is closed.
- Go to Menu and choose Tools > Accounts.
- Now, locate the Gmail account that you want to remove in the opened dialog box.
- Click the Delete icon (which looks like a trash icon) followed by the Yes button.
- Now, the selected account will be deleted.
Reconfiguring The Account
- Open the Accounts dialog box in the eM Client app.
- Click on the Plus button.
- Now, the New Account window will open.
- Enter your Gmail account address in the Email field and click the Start button.
- Configure your account by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- After doing that, access your account to check whether the problem is resolved.
Contact us if eM Client still keeps asking for your Gmail account password. For this purpose, we have given a call option on this page.