Connecting the printer to a wireless network will enable you to access it from anywhere within the network range. The Canon Maxify Megatank Gx6021 Wireless Setup process is pretty easy to perform.
However, if you’re new to printers or have no idea how to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network, you may face a problem while performing the wireless setup. To make your Wi-Fi setup job easier, we have explained how to perform the Canon MAXIFY MegaTank GX6021 wireless setup in an easy-to-understand format on this page.
Canon Maxify Megatank Gx6021- Wi-fi Setup- Complete Guide
You can wirelessly set up and access this Canon printer using a smartphone or computer in two different ways.
Both these methods are pretty easy to perform. We will show you both the methods in detail.
First Things First
Before you begin the Canon MAXIFY MegaTank GX6021 wireless setup process, ensure that:
- The printer’s hardware setup is completed.
- The printer is not connected to your computer using a USB cable.
- The wireless router, printer, and your computer are placed in the same room or within the network range.
- The latest version of the printer driver is downloaded, or the recommended Canon mobile app (Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app) is installed on your smartphone.
- You’re aware of your network’s SSID and password.
Wi-fi Setup With A Router- Canon Gx6021
- Press the Home button on your printer if necessary.
- Tap on the icon beside Easy Wireless Connect.
- Now, the LAN settings screen will open.
- Choose Wi-Fi> Wi-Fi setup.
- Now, the Wi-Fi setup screen displaying the options that allow you to set up your printer over a wireless network will open.
- In this section, we have selected the Manual connection option. (If your router has a WPS button, you can choose WPS (Push button method).
- Select the “Directly enter the…” option on the opened screen and perform the on-screen prompts to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Now, connect your smartphone/computer (on which you wish to install the printer) to the same network.
- After connecting the devices to the same network, use the printer driver or the app to install the machine on your smartphone or computer.
- Finish the rest of the Canon MAXIFY MegaTank GX6021 wireless setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Wi-fi Setup Without A Router- Canon Megatank Gx6021
- Initially, enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer if it is not enabled or disabled.
- To do so, follow the simple instructions below.
- Open the Setup screen.
- Choose Devices Settings > LAN settings > Wireless Direct > Enable Wireless Direct > ON.
- Return to the Wireless Direct screen.
- Now, if you wish to install the printer on your iOS device, choose the Connect to smartphone option followed by QR Code.
- Scan the QR code using your iPhone or iPad’s standard camera app to connect the printer to it.
- To install the printer on your Android smartphone, choose the Connect to smartphone option in the Wireless Direct window.
- Tap Next.
- Now, a screen displaying the Wi-Fi Direct credentials of your Canon printer will open.
- Enable the Wi-Fi feature on your Android phone.
- Connect the smartphone to your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct connection using the Wireless Direct credentials displayed on the machine screen.
This is how you can easily perform the Canon Maxify Megatank Gx6021 Wireless Setup.
Need real-time assistance in setting up your Canon printer over the wireless network? Contact us now.