Any person with basic printer knowledge and experience in operating printers can easily perform the Brother MFC J5855DW setup. However, going through the setup instructions once before starting your printer setup will help you prevent installation errors.
So, if you’re going to perform the Brother MFC-J5855DW setup, read the step-by-step instructions given below and execute the same.
Unpack the Brother Mfc J5855dw Printer
- Start the setup procedure by opening your printer box.
- Take out all the printer components from this box.
- Ensure that all of them are delivered and none of them contain any damages.
- Remove the protective materials and packing tapes from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Keep them aside for recycling later.
- Now, go ahead with the next section, which is loading paper into your printer.
How To Load The Input Tray - Brother Mfc J5855dw
- Load the recommended paper type into the printer’s tray.
- The input tray of this Brother printer can hold up to 250 sheets of plain paper. You can also load inkjet paper (coated paper), glossy paper, and recycled paper into the tray.
- Therefore, get the paper type that you find suitable for your printing or copying needs and load it into the tray.
Brother Mfc J5855dw Install The Starter Ink Cartridges
- You can install the starter ink cartridges before or after turning on the printer.
- We’re installing the ink cartridges before turning on the printer here.
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Unpack the starter ink cartridges from their package.
- Get the black ink cartridge and shake it horizontally 15 times. After doing that, install it into its slot. You don’t need to shake the other ink cartridges.
- You can install the other ink cartridges straight from their package into the printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are seated properly and close the cover.
Power On The Brother Mfc J5855dw Printer
- Connect the power cord (that’s shipped with your printer) from your Brother printer’s inlet to the electrical outlet.
- Raise and adjust the control panel and press the Power button on it.
- The printer might take a few seconds to become stable. Once the printer is ready to use, a new screen will open.
- Set the date and time settings of your country/region and tap OK.
- Configure the other settings and save them.
How To Check The Print Quality on Brother Mfc J5855dw
- Once you have configured the initial Brother MFC-J5855DW settings, the Check Print Quality screen will open.
- Load the recommended paper into the tray if you haven’t loaded it yet. Tap Start on the screen.
- Now, your printer will start printing the Print Quality Check Sheet.
- Once it is done, get the sheet from the output tray and check the print quality. If there is no gap in the sheet, the quality is good.
- If the quality is poor, you will find gaps in the sheet. This occurs when the printheads are clogged. Clean the heads to resolve the problem.
Aligning The Brother Mfc J5855dw Printer
- When the Alignment screen opens, tap Start on it to begin the alignment process.
- Scan the printed alignment page to adjust and align the printer properly.
- After doing that, configure the printer settings by following the on-screen instructions.
How To Configure The Brother Mfc J5855dw Fax Settings
- If you wish to use the fax function on your printer, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, skip to the next step of the Brother MFC-J5855DW setup (Installing the printer on a device).
- Connect your printer to the telephone wall outlet using the telephone line cord. (You can find the Fax line port at the back of your printer).
- Tap Settings > All Settings > Fax.
- Configure the fax settings on the opened screen, as per your preferences.
- Don’t forget to save the configured fax settings.
Install The Brother Mfc J5855dw Printer On A Device
- The Brother MFC-J5855DW printer supports three different connectivity options, namely, wireless, wired, and USB.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi icon and choose Find Wi-Fi Network to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- After doing that, run the Brother Mfc j5855dw Setup file on your computer to complete the rest of this printer setup process.
Need real-time assistance in performing the Brother MFC-J5855DW setup? If yes, contact us using the Call button.