After you purchase a new printer, you need to perform its unboxing and hardware setup. Setting up your new printer is an essential process that you need to perform before you start to work with it. Even if you don’t have any prior experience in setting up a printer, don’t get worried. It is not that hard. You can quickly complete your printer setup and the installation process. So, if you have recently purchased the Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W printer and going to set it up for the first time, carry out the instructions given on this page about Brother Mfc j1205w Setup.
Brother Mfc-j1205w Unboxing Setup
After opening the printer package, check if all the below items are available inside the box.
- Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W printer
- Inbox Starter Ink Cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, & Yellow)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Reference Guide
- Power Cord
- Warranty Card
Unpacking the Brother Mfc j1205w Printer
- You can start by unboxing your printer package.
- Now, remove all the contents from the box.
- Slowly pull the printer out of the pack.
- Remove the packing materials and uncover the printer from the plastic bag.
- You can now remove all the protective tapes around the printer and the scanner glass.
- Ensure to remove the protective film from the printer and the supplies.
How To Load The Paper on Brother Mfc j1205w
- First, pull out the input paper tray from the printer.
- Open the output paper tray cover.
- Take a stack of plain Letter paper and fan the sheets well.
- Now, load the stack into the input paper tray.
- Next, adjust the paper guides to the edges of the stack.
- You can now close the output paper tray cover.
- Insert the paper tray slowly back into the printer.
- Just pull out the printer’s paper support. To prevent the printed papers from falling off, you’ll have to unfold the flap.
Brother Mfc j1205w - Connecting The Power Cord
- Plug the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end will go into the wall socket.
- Now, the printer will turn on automatically.
Brother Mfc j1205w Installing The Ink Cartridges
- First, open the ink cartridge cover on your printer.
- Remove one of the ink cartridges from the package and uncover it.
- Discard the protective tape from the cartridge and insert it into the respective slot.
- Follow these instructions to install the remaining ink cartridges.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Your printer will now start preparing the ink tube system.
- Wait patiently for your printer to deliver the Print Quality Check Sheet.
- Now, you need to check the quality of the 4 color blocks on this sheet.
Brother Mfc j1205w Printer Software Setup
- Initially, you need to launch the default web browser on your computer.
- Now, head over to the official support page of your printer.
- Select the Product Search button located under the Search by Product section.
- Input your printer model name – Brother MFC-J1205W in the search box under the Search by Model Name option.
- Click on the Search button.
- On the Support & Downloads page, click on the Downloads category at the top of the window.
- Choose your computer’s operating system under the Select OS Family section and select its version below the Select OS Version section.
- Next, click OK.
- Select the printer’s Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended) file below the Full Software Package category.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to download the driver.
- Install the driver on your computer.
- The entire printer setup will be over when you finish connecting the printer to your computer or mobile device.
With all the above instructions, you can complete your Brother Mfc j1205w Setup.
For further clarifications regarding your printer, click the Call Button to contact our technical experts.