The AOL Mail service lets you personalize your emails, manage your incoming messages, and the general look of your inbox. But, it is annoying to face the login issue with your AOL Mail account. This problem might happen due to the incorrect log in credentials, Windows firewall, browser’s add-ons, cookies, etc. To solve this aol mail login issues on your computer, you need to perform the below instructions.
Resetting Your Aol Mail Login Password
While logging in to your account, if you have entered an incorrect password, you will not be able to log in to the AOL Mail account. To fix this issue, follow the below steps.
- First, launch the default browser on your computer and visit the official AOL Mail web page.
- Now, enter your AOL mail username and click on the Next button.
- Select the Forgot Password link below the Next button.
- Choose the phone number or email address option on the next page.
- Type the verification code sent to your recovery phone number or email address.
- Select Create a new password to reset your AOL mail password.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to reset your AOL Mail password.
- Next, check if you can log in to your account.
- If it does not work, perform the below instructions.
Disable The Firewall
- Select the Start menu on your computer’s main screen and search for Control Panel using the search bar at the bottom of the window.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the search result.
- Now, select the System and Security option.
- In the next window, click the Windows Firewall option from the list.
- Here, select the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option at the left menu panel of the screen.
- Choose the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Ensure that the issue is solved.
- If the problem persists, perform the below steps.
Disable Add-ons On Your Browser
- Launch the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click the Menu icon at the top-right corner of the window.
- Choose the More tools option from the drop-down list.
- Select the Extensions option from the list.
- Now, a list of all extensions will appear on the screen
- Turn off the toggle key below the extensions you want to disable.
- To uninstall an extension, click the Remove button next to Details.
- In case you want to disable all the add-ons at once, reset your browser.
- Now, check whether the AOL Mail login issue is solved on your computer.
- If the issue continues, try to clear your browser’s data, cookies, and cache by following the next steps.
Clear Browsing Data, Cookies, And Cache On Your Browser
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer. Select the Menu icon at the top-right corner of the window.
- Choose the More tools option.
- Click the Clear browsing data option from the list.
- Now, you will see the Clear browsing data dialog box on the screen.
- Make sure to choose the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files options from the list.
- At last, click the Clear data button at the bottom of the window.
- Check if you can log in to your AOL Mail account.
With all the above instructions, you have seen how to fix the Aol Mail Login Issues on your computer.
In case you require further clarifications, use the call option to contact us.